UMD iSchool courses use the program codes INFM, INST, and LBSC.
In order to be eligible for registration, students must have their financial accounts settled and have no holds on their account. Please note that Student Services does not have access to your student bill or holds. All questions about your student billing account and holds must be directed to the Student Financial Services and Cashiering.
Please consult the program-specific registration guidelines below prior to course registration. For additional assistance, please contact a student advisor at our Student Services Offices.
Bachelor of Science in Information Science Program
- Plan your class schedule to review with an advisor at a Registration Group Advising Session.
- When preparing for registration, refer to the four-year plan to help organize your class schedule. Be sure to have prepared alternate schedules so you can discuss course options with your advisor.
- Click here to view current course offerings.
- Sign up for a Registration Group Advising Session prior to registration. This is mandatory.
- Please login to Testudo to check the day and time you will be registering, also known as your registration appointment.
- All students are required to bring a computer. Our office will not accept printed copies of the four-year plan template.
- The InfoSci 4-Year Plan must be completed prior to the advising session.
- Review your degree audit on uachieve.umd.edu to ensure you have all of your Gen Eds complete, or listed in your 4-year plan to be completed.
- Follow the INST co-requisite & prerequisite list to ensure you meet all INST course requirements.
- Register for classes.
- Review Your Pre-Set Class Schedule
Students in this program will receive a pre-set class schedule that allows for the completion of the program in two years. You will be provided with this schedule by your advisor prior to registration.
- Non-InfoSci majors will be unable to register for INST courses until the first day of Schedule Adjustment, and may only enroll in INST courses with permission from the instructor of the course.
2. The instructor must e-mail the Undergraduate Student Services office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This process does NOT guarantee permission to enroll. Permission may be granted pending the availability of seats in the course.
For course registration, please review the required curriculum and program checklist for your program. Additionally, for HCIM students, please review the HCIM Registration Guide. If you would like guidance in developing your semester schedule, please contact a student advisor at our Student Services Office.
Please refer to the UMD academic calendar for semester dates and the UMD registration guides for registration deadlines and information. The UMD Graduate School also keeps a calendar of important deadlines. The Office of the Registrar has detailed information about Schedule Adjustment (including Drop/Add policies, penalties, and refund schedules).