The College of Information Studies Alumni Network Sponsorship Program is an annual fund to support endeavors to build connections and engage with past, present, and future iSchool communities. Applications for funding can be submitted by iSchool alumni, current and prospective iSchool students/groups, and faculty/staff of the iSchool.
Annual funding amounts are limited and carefully evaluated by the Alumni Network. Please read the criteria and requirements to determine if the event or activity qualifies for support. The Alumni Network reserves the right to deny funding if applications do not meet these criteria, or if funding is not readily available. Applications for funding are accepted annually; multi-year funding applications will not be considered.
Priority will be given to events that directly and specifically target current iSchool students and iSchool alumni. The Alumni Network will only grant sponsorship for organized activities that meet the following criteria:
- Be directly affiliated with the UMD College of Information Studies and supports the mission of the Alumni Network
- Target current iSchool students and alumni
- Keep with University policies and procedures
- Enhance the iSchool student and/ or iSchool alumni connection to the iSchool and encourage them to become active in the iSchool.
- Recognition of Alumni Network contribution.
- Complete the sponsorship application form with all required information. Incomplete application forms may be rejected for insufficient information.
- Applications must be submitted no less than three weeks prior to the event date.
- Email the completed application to the Sponsorship Committee College of Information Studies Alumni Network to UMDiSchoolAlum@gmail.com
- Include contact information and any additional information that may be of assistance in evaluating the request.
- Print a copy of the application for your records.
Post Funding Report
Recipients of a grant should submit a report no more than two weeks after the funded event. The report should include funds received supported the success of the event. Submit the report to Sponsorship Committee College of Information Studies Alumni Network to UMDiSchoolAlum@gmail.com.
Past Events Highlights
UMD Data Challenge 2018 - 150 students from across UMD competed in data challenges for cash prizes and kudos. Industry partners such as Google, Pepsi, and Amazon Web Services provided the students with real world data situations and hands-on mentoring. Click here to learn more about the event and the winners.