Financial and Technology Resources
- UMD Campus Pantry - Provides emergency food to UMD students, faculty, and staff.
- Emergency Financial Assistance - Information on emergency financial assistance such as Keep Me Maryland, Dreamkeepers Emergency Assistance Fund, and Emergency Loans.
- UMD Career Center Bright Futures Unpaid Internship Scholarship - awards students with need-based scholarships ranging from $250-$1,250 to hep offset expenses during unpaid internships. Must be with a non-profit organization or government agency.
- The Carlson Family Leadership Scholarship - The Carlson Family Leadership Scholarship provides annual scholarships to undergraduate students at the University who are in good academic standing and are active members of any registered student organization at the University. Preference shall be given to students who demonstrate strong leadership skills or the ability to develop such skills. Demonstrated financial need or other circumstances will also factor in to the selection process.
- The Brandon James Malstrom Memorial Scholarship Fund - The Brandon James Malstrom Memorial Scholarship was established in December 2002 by Brandon's friends and family. Spendable income from the Scholarship provides an annual scholarship for a transfer student at the University who shares the educational aspirations that Brandon exemplified.
- The Joseph M. Mitchell Scholarship - Scholarships will be awarded each fall and spring semester to one or more deserving students. These are one-time awards of up to $1,000 per recipient. Contributions to the Scholarship Award fund are welcomed.
- The Maryland Parents Association Scholarship Fund - The Maryland Parents Association Student Scholarship Fund was established in 2005 by the Parent Advisory Council to provide support for current students in good standing who may be unable to continue their education at the University due to extenuating financial circumstances. The fund provides a one-time award for the academic year and is available to students who have completed at least 24 credit hours at the University. Scholarships of up to $2,000 are awarded annually.
- The Divine Nine Emergency Tuition and Assistance Fund - This fund was established by university alumni associated with the National Pan-Hellenic Council, Inc. This aard provides emergency tuition and book assistance to undergraduate students who are members of a NPHC affiliated organization and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at the University. The average award amount ranges from $250-$500.
- The LGBT Advocacy Scholarship Fund - Supports students who advocate on behalf of the LGBT community at the University of Maryland.
- The Veterans in Transition Crisis Fund - This fund was established by the S. Irwin Kamin Foundation in honor of Dr. Nancy K. Schlossberg to provide immediate emergency support to UMD veteran students experiencing unforeseen financial hardship.
- TLC Equipment Loan Program - Rent laptops, chargers, iPads, headphones, cameras, adapters, and other equipment at UMD libraries. Take them with you to class or to work on projects.
- TLC Tech Desk in McKeldin Library - Laminate, bind, fax, and use other special print resources.
- UMD TERPware - Downlaod free software including Adobe Acrobat, Matlab, and Microsoft Office. Other software, such as SPSS, is available with purchase of a license.
- UMD Computer Labs