Mission & Vision
Alumni Network Mission / Vision / Objectives
Promote and support the College; encourage academic and professional excellence; facilitate career development for both current students and graduates, while fostering and strengthening a lasting relationship with the iSchool.
Inspire connections and a network of Maryland iSchool alumni including representation from all degree programs to stay engaged and support the iSchool Alumni Network programs and initiatives.
- To serve as a liaison to promote the iSchool’s pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, innovation and public service to advance alumni related activities;
- To serve as a portal through which iSchool alumni can connect and engage with the iSchool and each other in meaningful and impactful ways;
- To be of relevance to alumni in their pursuit of personal and professional growth and success;
- To make connections with iSchool students;
- To foster a spirit of loyalty, involvement and lifelong commitment while encouraging philanthropic support of the iSchool and its students.
- To lead the alumni relations strategy and foster cooperation and coordination with other alumni activities with campus colleges, schools, departments and units.
- To raise and sustain funds used to support iSchool student scholarships, events, and academics, and iSchool alumni events and professional development grants.
- To identify and execute strategies that will grow the Alumni Network's membership.
- To connect with alumni where they live and work through regional, affinity and academic networks.
- To evaluate iSchool annual Alumni Network progress via comparisons to other similar alumni associations and member feedback.