Tamara CleggAssociate Professor
PhD, Georgia Tech
Developing technology to support life-relevant learning environments, participatory design with children.
My work is about understanding how we can help people come to see themselves in new ways by helping them form new relationships with information. When children begin to interact with the information available in their daily lives (e.g., about ingredients, sports plays, dances), they begin to take on new roles and see themselves in new, more empowered ways. The future of information lies in using technology to enable trans-disciplinary learning experiences.
Research & Focus Areas
- Data Privacy and Sociotechnical Cybersecurity
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Youth Experience, Learning, and Digital Practices
- AISL: Innovations in Development: Community-Driven Project That Adapt Technology for Environmental Learning in Nature Preserves
- Maryland Sports Data Analytics Camps for Youth
- NatureNet – Community-Driven Environmental Projects (C-DEP)
- SaTC: EDU: Collaborative: Connecting Contexts: Building Foundational Digital Privacy and Security Skills for Elementary School Children, Teachers, and Parents