2020 Annual Conference for Maryland Friends, Trustees, and Library Supporters
- CML President, Pat Hofmann will begin the program with words of welcome.
- Maryland State Librarian, Irene Padilla will give an update on MSL activities.
- Keynote Speaker, Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress will be interviewed by CML Executive Director, Lynn Wheeler on her ground-breaking work at the Library of Congress and share words of wisdom and inspiration, as libraries forge a new service path through the challenging landscape of social distancing.
- A brief CML Annual Business Meeting will include a review of the new Strategic Plan and announcement of annual Awards.
- Julius C. Jefferson, Jr, President of the American Library Association, will be interviewed by Joe Thompson, CML Board member, and Chair of the ALA Committee on Legislation, on “The Power of the Library Advocate.” Jefferson is the Section Head of the Research and Library Services Section in the Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division at Congressional Research Service of the Library of Congress.
Please follow the link in the attached flyer for free registration. Note that our Zoom room capacity is 1,000. Registration will close when we meet capacity or by October 14. We hope you can join us for this important discussion on libraries!
Please feel free to contact Lynn Wheeler email@example.com, CML Executive Director, if you have any questions about the event.